Wednesday, March 31, 2010

a mid-week's break...

DVO has spring break this week and has a much-needed and deserved break from his internship for a few days. I had one vacation day left at work and was able to take it today and enjoy a day with him! I was thrilled to have a little break of my own - even starting leaving work a little early yesterday and a DVO-cooked meal, farkle and guitar hero...

The morning's activities consisted of: sleeping in, enjoying some coffee, some leash training and a long walk with Clyde (remember I'm training for the Freihofer's Run with Team in Training to help cure blood cancers - can you give $5 or $10 to help us out?!).

In the afternoon, DVO and I went out to Friendly's (has anyone else noticed that the CP Friendly's is going a bit downhill?) then off to Crossgates to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D - my first 3D movie in a LONG long time - I have to say it was really a great experience. I saw Alice in 2D with H over the weekend and could see how cool it would be in 3D so we took advantage of the day to go see it.

Now we are home relaxing, maybe some Guitar Hero later... then back to the real world again tomorrow! Holy Week activities start to take place - church tomorrow night and Friday night, then some fun times at Hair of the Dog for MJK's birthday - DVO's first HOD experience! Another lovely day off on Saturday and He Is Risen on Sunday! Have a blessed Easter!

Posted via web from Random Musings on all things Jen...

No comments: