Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What I Did Do

I voted for John McCain - when I have more time at home, I'll tell you why, and I have a great post brewing about my Election Day experience. But, most importantly, this:

"I urge all Americans who supported me to join me in not just congratulating him, but offering our next president our good will and earnest effort to find ways to come together to find the necessary compromises to bridge our differences and help restore our prosperity, defend our security in a dangerous world, and leave our children and grandchildren a stronger, better country than we inherited.

Whatever our differences, we are fellow Americans. And please believe me when I say no association has ever meant more to me than that.

It is natural, tonight, to feel some disappointment. But tomorrow, we must move beyond it and work together to get our country moving again."

-John McCain Concession Speech

No comments: